Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One Day You Will

Faith. It's always been a seemingly simple word. You either have it, or you don't. Most would say they have faith, they believe everything will work out in the end. Then life throws you a curveball, and you're so used to the fastball and even the change up that you freeze. You don't know how to react or what to do. You cry, you feel sorry for yourself, you long for the simpler times, and you wallow in such self pity you think you'll never recover. It's easy to sit there and tell others that their hard times will pass, but once you're in them yourself it's difficult to see the silver lining.  This is the true test of faith. I've recently passed through a difficult time in my life where my faith was tested and I was forced to mature in a way that I didn't really want to. I felt hopeless, backed into a corner that I thought I wasn't going to get out of anytime soon. Talking to friends and healing through music has made me realize a lot, and I have grown from such incidents. I have experienced more personal growth in the past year than I thought I ever would, and can attribute all of it to my ever-growing faith. And everything I have realized has been resonating with me...

  • Joy comes from suffering and pain ("Without suffering there'd be no compassion")
  • Faith always needs to be put in God; problems aren't beyond what He can help with and He is always bigger ("Your problems are only as big as your God isn't")
  • There is no such thing as a lost cause; there is always hope (Saint Jude and I are best friends now, I have Anberlin's *fin to thank for that)
  • You alone can determine how you feel and what you make of situations. Others can help out and offer emotional support and there's nothing wrong with this, but learning to cope individually is something that needs to conditioned.
  • No one can convince anyone else to have faith; it has to be understood and felt. 
Above all I have realized that God has a plan for everything. Sometimes people are introduced into your life for mutual growth and maturity; you learn from them, they learn from you. Sometimes God's plan isn't always going to be clear; in fact, most of the time it won't be clear. You need to trust that he does in fact have a plan and that everything happens for a reason. 
When I started my first year at college, all alone at an out of state school where I didn't know a soul, I hit hard times. I was away from my family for the first time, away from my friends for the first time, and found myself at rock bottom. I mistreated my body, lost all respect for myself, and was caught in the dark. I found myself in the storm, gasping for air with no way out. Yet finding that surface that spring was the most cleansing and rewarding feeling I have ever had. I finally understood that the times where I felt isolated and alone, I was never really alone. I had God standing right beside me, drying every tear, shining a light in every dark place, and watching over me. All I had to do was open my eyes, look up, and believe that God is always by my side. And now, I always give faith a fighting chance. 


Lady Antebellum- One Day You Will
You feel like you're falling backwards
Like you're slippin' through the cracks
Like no one would even notice
If you left this town and never came back
You walk outside and all you see is rain
You look inside and all you feel is pain
And you can't see it now

But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will

You wake up every morning and ask yourself
What am I doing here anyway
With the weight of all those disappointments
Whispering in your ear
You're just barely hanging by a thread
You wanna scream but you're down to your last breath
And you don't know it yet

But down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will

Find the strength to rise above
You will
Find just what you're made of, you're made of

Down the road the sun is shining
In every cloud there's a silver lining
Just keep holding on (just keep holding on)
And every heartache makes you stronger
But it won't be much longer
You'll find love, you'll find peace
And the you you're meant to be
I know right now that's not the way you feel
But one day you will

One day you will
Oh one day you will 

No comments:

Post a Comment